Sunday, March 8, 2020

Remembering Ron ‘Pigpen’ McKernan With 10 Early Grateful Dead Performances [Listen]

I never got to see the Dead with Pig Pen…my first show was a few years after he was replaced, when Keith and Donna joined the Band. I didn’t really know what I was was missing until I started to collect live show recordings a few years later and was like… “What’s this?!? This doesn’t sound like the Grateful Dead!” not realizing why it sounded so different…so bluesy, so raw…why? One guy…and a whole lot of rockin’ soul.
After that, I couldn’t stop listening to Bear’s Choice. It became my favorite Dead album…for a while. I don’t think I have an actual favorite Dead album now, but at any given time there’s always one you just have to hear. Over and over. Really Loud.
Bears Choice is THE Pig Pen album in my opinion.
Whether you love the Pig…or have never heard the Grateful Dead with him on keyboard, vocals and harmonica…you gotta check out the live tracks in this link!

#jg
#GratefulDead #PigPen #LiveMusic

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/remembering-ron-pigpen-mckernan-videos/



More: https://jamiegraymusic.com/wordpress/2020/03/remembering-ron-pigpen-mckernan-with-10-early-grateful-dead-performances-listen/

No comments:

Post a Comment