Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Facebook Finally Shows Us Their Frustrating News Feed Algorithm – Make Tech Easier

Is it just me, or does it seem like people are done with Facebook and off to greener social networking pastures? I still post here, but not like I used to. I still try to comment on interesting stuff you post, but not like I used to.
I mean, it’s not easy or fun anymore. I struggle to find things posted by people I haven’t talked to in awhile (which is like everyone it seems). Sometimes I can’t even find shit I POSTED on one of my pages because it doesn’t show up in my own news feed! It’s really become a piece of shit, all because of Facebook’s news feed algorithm that simply SUCKS SHIT.
Interestingly, this new “why am I seeing this post” option will help you find out why you’re seeing shit you don’t want to see, but it’s not much help at understanding why you AREN’T seeing things you WANT to see.
Why is it so hard to just show EVERYTHING you are following, newest first, with a few ads thrown in…and an option to ALWAYS see it that way, that doesn’t change as soon as you refresh the fucking page? Is that too much to fucking ask, Facebook?
Please…get over yourselves. Your algorithms SUCK. Your data practices are HORRIBLE. You insist on censoring, but your censorship skills are too crude, kludgy and slow to be effective.
I could tell you how to fix everything, but it would be a full time job for at least few months. So until you decide you want to stop sucking, I guess I’ll just wait for that phone call.

The Article ‘Facebook Finally Shows Us Their Frustrating News Feed Algorithm – Make Tech Easier’ originally appeared on https://www.maketecheasier.com/facebook-finally-shows-us-their-frustrating-news-feed-algorithm/
Jamie’s comments are his own.



More: https://jamiegraymusic.com/wordpress/2019/04/facebook-finally-shows-us-their-frustrating-news-feed-algorithm-make-tech-easier/

No comments:

Post a Comment